Along with the development of society is the introduction of advanced technologies that bring many sustainable values for wellness and the environment. Vietceramics floor and wall tile collections follow this tendency. In line with these trends, PROTECT® is an outstanding antibacterial technology. An exclusive technology from Panaria Ceramica, created and developed based on the world's leading Microban® antibacterial technology, PROTECT® a true antimicrobial shield built into the ceramic product that eliminates up to 99.9% of bacteria on the surface, giving your family a safe, free, and relaxing living space with outstanding antibacterial features and unalterable from wear and tear and climatic conditions.
What is PROTECT®?
PROTECT® is a silver-based active technology that can be incorporated into ceramics, polymers, coatings, textiles and more to offer continuous product protection against bacterial growth. This is an exclusive line of extremely high performance antimicrobial porcelain tiles and porcelain slabs of Microban and Panaria Group, designed for healthy, safe and protected living spaces.
Key Benefits of PROTECT Ceramic Tiles Enhanced
- Powerful Antibacterial Properties: protected from the growth of harmful and degrading bacteria by up to 99.9%
- 24/7 Product Protection: the antibacterial shield in PROTECT tiles is always active, day and night
- Lifetime Performance: Protect antibacterial technology remains active throughout the life cycle of the ceramic tile and guarantees a high level of product protection in-between cleaning.
- Guaranteed Quality: PROTECT is guaranteed by the partnership with Microban®, the world’s leading specialist in safe and effective antimicrobial technology. Furthermore, the antibacterial technology manufactured into PROTECT tiles complies with international safety regulations and is tested by independent specialized laboratories. Panariagroup and Microban® also use external independent laboratories which are highly specialized at carrying out ISO 22196 or ASTM E3031-15 testing to substantiate the antimicrobial claims.
- This antimicrobial protection is effective against most common bacteria, yeasts, molds, and fungi that cause stains, odors, and product degradation. In particular, Protect can eliminate up to 99.9% of 3 dangerous bacterias: Klebsiella Pneumoniae, Staphylococcus, Escherichia coli.
How Does Microban® Technology Work in PROTECT® Tiles?
Silver is the base ingredient of this technology: integrated permanently into PROTECT® products during the industrial firing phase, at over 1200°C, making it constantly active, 24-7, day and night, throughout the life cycle of the product. When bacteria come in contact with the treated surface, Microban® technology acts by blocking their metabolism; in this way it interrupts the life cycle of bacteria and their ability to spread. This is why the PROTECT® line is unique in its kind and without competitors.
Protect® should never be a substitute for normal cleaning practices, it just provides a continuous defense against the growth of microbes and protects the products, making them easier to clean and keeping them fresher between cleanings. Therefore, to maintain the beauty of the tile surface, you need to clean it regularly with a neutral detergent.
PROTECT With Microban® Technology vs. TiO2
Titanium Dioxide Photocatalytic Technology (TiO2) is powered by sunlight, which acts on the TiO2 in the ceramic glaze, while Protect does not require sunlight or UV rays for activation.
In comparison with Microban, TiO2 can withstand a maximum temperature of 600°C, so that it can only be coated on the surface of the tile after firing. This is a disadvantage of TiO2 technology, as it is very easy to wear off.
The Technology (TiO2) is powered by sunlight
In contrast, Microban is integrated Ag+ during the industrial firing phase and has high heat resistance, thus preserving its protection in 2-3mm on the surface. Therefore, whether the tile is polished or cleaned regularly, does not affect the protection of Microban technology.
Tile Collection included Protect technology
The collections of Marble Delight, Bio Select, Anthology tiles are available at Vietceramics showrooms nationwide.Back to News